Cross-functional experience in delivering technical solutions
As an IT consultant with a global mindset, I offer digital transformation, project delivery, organizational change management assistance, development of coaching skills, process analysis, technology implementation, strategy development, and performance improvement services.
- Advisory services - management consulting: digital and emerging technologies, data, and analytics
- Startup product management - social media, mobile, platform
- Global advertising and marketing agency networks
- Technology, financial services, automotive, CPG, media and entertainment, retail, non-profit, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications.
Everything that can be digital will be.
-Craig Kanarick and Jeff Dachis, Razorfish, c.1996
I'm a consultant and practitioner with rich experience in strategizing and engineering complex, technical platform-based implementations.
I'm able to offer the advantages of a strategic vision, detailed digital knowledge, backed with analytical expertise. I've managed cross-functional teams for over 10 years.
Armed with this wealth of experience, I've delivered successful customer- and marketing-focused technology solutions for Fortune 10 companies, marketing agencies, large consumer brands, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and start-ups.
I have an "e-shaped background", combining experience across several areas, expertise, a mindset geared to exploration and innovation, and the ability to execute.
My skills have been actively gained through roles a designer, developer, product manager, and in managing projects. To underscore this, I am always looking to challenge myself - working outside of my comfort zone - and seeking ways to improve my craft, and learn new skills.
I've been fortunate to partner with practitioners who embrace professional skills in engineering digital models based on emerging technologies: Internet of Things (IoT), social, mobility, big data, cloud, autonomous systems, robotics and, data sciences.
At the core of my delivery experience is Agile. In order to manage Agile teams, I have set-up and optimized for productivity a number of battle-tested, industry-standard tools, including Trello, Slack, GitHub, Jira, and Confluence.
Part of using these tools is not just their set-up, but their tuning, best practices, and connectivity - so they talk to each other over common APIs, and provide an optimal experience.
Tools adopted by Agile teams should meet the needs of the team, project or client demands - and actively improve productivity and team throughput.
Additionally, this has meant training users with zero-to-little previous experience how to use the tools, and sharing best practices to accelerate adoption.
- Mobile app user experience (UX), visual design, development, testing, release: Native iOS (Swift, Objective-C), Android apps, Apache Cordova, React.
- Cloud platform architecture, development, testing, release planning: APIs, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure.
- Web applications: retail/e-commerce platforms, web service layers.
- Digital marketing strategy and tactical: Analytics, social media, user reviews, user-generated content, content strategy, inbound marketing, multivariate testing, marketing automation, SEO, PPC, and CRM.
- Enterprise content management system user experience (UX), visual design, development, testing, release: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM/CQ5), Sitecore, EPiServer.
- Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM), entitlements.
- Operated delivery consultant/practitioner for five years, being profitable from day one.
- Co-founded a digital project management training company providing bespoke management training for associate-level team members, focusing on enhancing the confidence and skill levels of candidates.
- Coaching and mentoring team members to build industry competency and confidence.
- Servant leadership of Agile Software Development methods and practices (advocate for Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and Extreme programming (XP)).
We are uncovering better ways of developing software by doing it and helping others do it.
-Manifesto for Agile Software Development, 2001
- Coached teams in the benefits and advantages of using a Scrum methodology, Agile roles, ceremonies, and artifacts.
- Managed and taught individual product managers, and development teams in the adoption of key facets of Scrum, including the use of planning poker, user story estimating, backlog refinement, sprint prioritization, sprint retrospectives, and release planning.
- Proponent of continuous incremental improvement from teams and individuals.
- Worked at boutique independent agencies through to the world's largest holding company agencies (WPP, Publicis Groupe and IPG), including R/GA, Sapient and Razorfish.
- Delivered large and complex e-commerce, website, marketing, and Cloud computing architecture projects within hybrid Scrum/Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Staffed in a varierty of projects: from multi-year, multi-million dollar projects through to rapidly delivered minimum viable product (MVP) projects.
- Product management, staffing (hiring to resource management), and operations.
- Managed software development lifecycle, testing, creative, growth, ASO, CRM, SEO, SEM (Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising) and social media marketing.
- Consulted in Business intelligence (BI), data warehousing, UGC moderation, IP and patent application process.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps experience.
- Delivered large and complex e-commerce projects - platforms ranging from hybris, Endeca, Shopify, ATG Commerce and Magento.
- Familiarity with PCI and DSS compliance.
- Experience with various DAM and PIM systems.
- Worked directly with Amazon, inside of vendor central and alongside other big box retailers (Walmart, Walmart Labs, Peapod); managed and authored GDSN datasets for product catalogs.
Type Of Projects
- Platforms: Adobe Experience Manager AEM, Sitecore, EPiServer, Umbraco.
- Project deliverables: SMS gateways, User Experience (UX), Information Architecture, Service Design, SEO, Email Marketing, Charity/Fundraising, Social Media, Integrated Campaign, e-commerce, ATG Commerce, multivariate testing, eCRM, digital out-of-home (OOH). Mobile Web Development, SaaS, Social Media, E-Commerce, Analytics, Usability, User Experience Design, Customer Experience, Cloud Computing.
- WordPress: technical implementation, theme building, bespoke functional development, custom plugins, security assessments, and extensions.
- Managed requirements, deliverables and product release plans for a robust platform/API ecosystem and consumer mobile apps (iOS/Android).
- Authored product requirements documents (PRD), user requirements and user stories, bringing together the necessary product, technology, and go-to-market capabilities necessary for the products to achieve the full market potential.
- Refined use cases and prioritization of the integration of associated requirements into the full platform – included the web, platform, API and mobile applications.
 LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/martincrockett/