Digital transformation consultant
As a digital consultant, I offer transformation, project delivery, organizational change management, coaching skills, business analysis, technology implementation, strategy development, and performance improvement services.
The triple threat:
- Consulting advisory services, focused in digital and emerging technologies, data, and analytics
- Startup product management intent on scalable platforms
- Creative, marketing and technology for the world’s largest advertising agencies
- Exposure to technology, financial services, automotive, CPG, media and entertainment, retail, non-profit, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and telecommunications.
Everything that can be digital will be.
-Craig Kanarick and Jeff Dachis, Razorfish, c.1996
Armed with practical knowledge
Consultant with deep practitioner knowledge. Able to comprehend and articulate complex information technical architectures.
Bring to table strategic thinking, expansive digital pedigree, backed with analytical expertise.
Successfully delivered for Fortune 50 companies, marketing agencies, consumer brands, small- and medium-sized enterprises, and startups.
The “4-E’s” of a next-generation specialist are experience and expertise, exploration and execution.
Diverse experience underpins the deep expertise.
Exploration is always showing curiosity, always exploring, aiming for creative problem solving, and seeking innovation. Execution reflects the proven skill to deliver.
I've been fortunate to partner with practitioners who embrace professional skills in engineering digital models based on emerging technologies: Internet of Things (IoT), social, mobility, big data, cloud, autonomous systems, robotics and, data sciences.
- Mobile app user experience (UX), visual design, development, testing, release: Native iOS (Swift, Objective-C), Android apps, Apache Cordova, React.
- Cloud platform architecture, development, testing, release planning: APIs, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure.
- Web applications: retail/e-commerce platforms, web service layers.
- Digital marketing strategy and tactical: Analytics, social media, user reviews, user-generated content, content strategy, inbound marketing, multivariate testing, marketing automation, SEO, PPC, and CRM.
- Enterprise content management system user experience (UX), visual design, development, testing, release: Adobe Experience Manager (AEM/CQ5), Sitecore, EPiServer.
- Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM), entitlements.
- Operated delivery consultant/practitioner for five years, being profitable from day one.
- Co-founded a digital project management training company providing bespoke management training for associate-level team members, focusing on enhancing the confidence and skill levels of candidates.
- Coaching and mentoring team members to build industry competency and confidence.
- Servant leadership of Agile Software Development methods and practices (advocate for Scrum, Lean, Kanban, and Extreme programming (XP)).
- Worked at boutique independent agencies through to the world's largest holding company agencies (WPP, Publicis Groupe and IPG), including R/GA, Sapient and Razorfish.
- Delivered large and complex e-commerce, website, marketing, and Cloud computing architecture projects within hybrid Scrum/Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Staffed in a varierty of projects: from multi-year, multi-million dollar projects through to rapidly delivered minimum viable product (MVP) projects.
- Product management, staffing (hiring to resource management), and operations.
- Managed software development lifecycle, testing, creative, growth, ASO, CRM, SEO, SEM (Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising) and social media marketing.
- Consulted in Business intelligence (BI), data warehousing, UGC moderation, IP and patent application process.
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) DevOps experience.
- Delivered large and complex e-commerce projects - platforms ranging from hybris, Endeca, Shopify, ATG Commerce and Magento.
- Familiarity with PCI and DSS compliance.
- Experience with various DAM and PIM systems.
- Worked directly with Amazon, inside of vendor central and alongside other big box retailers (Walmart, Walmart Labs, Peapod); managed and authored GDSN datasets for product catalogs.
Type Of Projects
- Platforms: Adobe Experience Manager AEM, Sitecore, EPiServer, Umbraco.
- Project deliverables: SMS gateways, User Experience (UX), Information Architecture, Service Design, SEO, Email Marketing, Charity/Fundraising, Social Media, Integrated Campaign, e-commerce, ATG Commerce, multivariate testing, eCRM, digital out-of-home (OOH). Mobile Web Development, SaaS, Social Media, E-Commerce, Analytics, Usability, User Experience Design, Customer Experience, Cloud Computing.
- WordPress: technical implementation, theme building, bespoke functional development, custom plugins, security assessments, and extensions.
- Managed requirements, deliverables and product release plans for a robust platform/API ecosystem and consumer mobile apps (iOS/Android).
- Authored product requirements documents (PRD), user requirements and user stories, bringing together the necessary product, technology, and go-to-market capabilities necessary for the products to achieve the full market potential.
- Refined use cases and prioritization of the integration of associated requirements into the full platform – included the web, platform, API and mobile applications.
 LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/martincrockett/