Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
The Scaled Agile Framework (abbreviated as SAFe), is a set of organization and workflow patterns intended to guide enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices.
The primary role of a Scrum Master in the SAFe context is to help educate the team in Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Kanban, and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed upon Agile process is being followed.
The Scrum Master role is taken by a team member whose primary responsibility is assisting the self-organizing, self-managing team achieve its goals.
SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM)
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification provides the skills that can be applied to lead high-performance Agile teams.
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) role has the knowledge to apply DevOps practices and Kanban techniques and manage the interactions between the teams, stakeholders, and Product Managers.
As an SASM certified professional, I am able to:
- Apply SAFe principles in a multi-team environment
- Build high-performing teams and enable continuous improvement
- Coach Agile and Scrum anti-patterns to less-experienced team members
- Facilitate program planning, implementation, and value delivery
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
In summary, the SAFe certification is considered as a standard for Lean-Agile practices.
Over 70% of US Fortune 100 companies are utilising SAFe and the call for the SAFe certified experts is increasing at an exponential rate.